ITIL® 2011 Intermediate Service Design eLearning
This intensive interactive course immerses learners in the practical aspects of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle and processes associated with Service Design. The main focus of this course is on the operational-level process activities and supporting methods and approaches to executing these processes in a practical, hands-on learning environment.
This training is intended to enable the holders of the certificate to apply the practices in resolution and support of the Service Management Lifecycle. This course uses an engaging, interactive and flexible online approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL® best practice and positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam.
This course is available in 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months unlimited access.
At the end of this course, the learner will gain competencies in:
- Collection, analyzing and engineering requirements
- Evaluating Service Design models
- Identifying solution alternatives reusing existing components
- Designing the appropriate solution
- Developing service acceptance criteria
- Evaluating total costs and agree expenditures
- Ensuring inclusion of governance and security controls
- Completing IT readiness assessment
- Aligning supplier and supporting agreements
- Assembling the Service Design Package (SDP)
- Producing, maintaining and revising all services, design processes and documents
- Liaison with other design and planning activities
- Aligning with corporate and IT strategies
|Course Delivery||Adobe Flash presentations that can be viewed and replayed as many times as necessary facilitated by certified ITIL® trainers who explain each of the topics and concepts of ITIL®|
|Exam / Exercises Included||Yes|